Abbey’s Bookshop is a cornerstone in Sydney’s CBD, offering a fantastic range of books and merchandise since 1968. Abbey’s has been a client of Erudite’s for many years, but they recently came to us for an overhaul of their site. Previously, their three departments had separate sites, Abbey’s Bookshop, Galaxy Bookshop and Language Bookstore. Abbey wanted to merge the three sites into one for a more immersive experience than a niche one.
- The site needed to retain all existing information and tracking data
- Potential issues in merging three sets of data with increasing product catalogue size
- Seamlessly maintaining existing interfacing with POS with the new checkout process
- Balancing page load times with rich product content
- Create a modern mobile responsive website with user experience as a priority
- Streamline the checkout process
- The ability for Abbey’s to configure landing pages and product lists as required
- Retain product catalogue for all three bookstores within the one site
- Retain and improve on existing SEO & web tracking analytics
- Decrease site load time as much as possible
The updated Abbey’s site is a much more streamlined site offering an improved user experience. The decreased site load time has a very noticeable effect on the user but also assists with SEO. The mobile responsive site also allows for more conversions as the browsing experience is much easier and more accessible.