JDRF is the leading supporter of type 1 diabetes research in the world. Alongside this, they advocate for greater access or financial support so that everyone living with T1D can access life-changing new therapies. JDRF approached Erudite to replace their existing IPP system as it was not user friendly and was costly to update, and did not get regularly updated due to this cost.
- Custom Web App
- App Modernisation
- Potential issues with short project delivery timeframes
- Potential issues with using elements of the existing system as it was not regularly updated
- Replace the existing IPP system with an easier to use system that would better suit the needs of JDRF
- Provide a high level of support to JDRF during the development process and after project delivery
- Implement the project in a tight timeframe due to new pumps being introduced to the program which were not available on the old system
One of the issues that JDRF faced with their existing application was that it required a complete overhaul for the new functionality to be added into that system, which was obviously a costly undertaking and JDRF wanted to avoid that if possible. As a first step, Erudite performed analysis with JDRF on the existing IPP system and data model to identify what aspects should remain and what was to be redeveloped. In this research phase, key features of the system were outlined and high-level project requirements were developed based on the key features. We used Spring with J2EE as the basis of this project as we could quickly and easily create the application which was necessary for the deadlines. We worked on the front and back end in tandem to ensure that we met the timeframe requirements.
Erudite successfully implemented a new system for JDRF that exceeded their core requirements and provide staff with a much easier to use system than they had previously. This facilitated JDRF in a more efficient way of processing applications. The system was delivered on-time and on-budget and received very positive feedback from JDRF, who continue to use the system and expand on it.