NLA Bookshop Website Redevelopment
The National Library of Australia Bookshop is the nation’s specialist Australian bookshop located in Canberra. The NLA Bookshop has been an Erudite client for many years and recently came to us looking for a spruce up of their website and bring their site in line with best practices.
- The site needed to retain all existing information and tracking data
- Potential issues in merging three sets of data with increasing product catalogue size
- Potential issues in related lists with NLA Bookshop’s custom interface
- Potential issues retaining checkout order interface with NLA Bookshop's POS
- Create a modern mobile responsive website with user experience as a priority
- Streamline the checkout process
- Retain and improve on existing SEO & web tracking analytics
- Decrease site load time as much as possible
- Provide targeted related product lists to encourage further browsing
The updated NLA Bookshop site is a much more streamlined site offering an improved user experience. The decreased site load time has a very noticeable effect on the user but also assists with SEO. The mobile responsive site also allows for more conversions as the browsing experience is much easier and more accessible.